Sunday, September 29, 2013

Spotlight: Anna Dupree

Anna Dupree:
Born and Raised:  Born in San Francisco, but moved at 6 weeks old.  My dad entered the Air Force, so I spent the rest of my childhood moving to and from Montana, England, New Hampshire, Hill AFB in Utah, and Phoenix.
Brought me to St. George:  We have been living in the South (MS, SC, Houston) for so long, we got used to the warm weather, but wanted to be back West, closer to family and mountains.  In the end, it was my husbands work.
College:  Got a BFA in Dance Performance and Choreography from The University Of Southern Mississippi.  (that is a mouthful).  Taught ballet and modern dance as an adjunct instructor at Kansas State, and San Jacinto Community College.  Then started, ran, and sold my own dance studio in Houston, TX (where we just moved from after living there for 5 years).
Husband (Jared) and I met in Phoenix, AZ.  He was a bug guy and I had just graduated from high school.  We met the very first time I ever attended a singles ward!  He invited me and friends over for games and we were together from that night on.  We were met an married in 6 months and have been married for 14 years this December.
Kids:  Sienna is 12, Bella is 8, Son Kai is 3, Baby Isla is 4 months.
Favorite things to do: go to a dance class, love to spend time with kids and husband, go hiking, travel, talk to my sisters on the phone, cook (when I'm in the mood), go to dinner, movies.
Something unique:  I love a good personal story.  I love to get to know people through listening to their stories.  I especially love the funny ones.  So, if you have a good one, come tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment