Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Spotlight: Shawna Robinson

Hi!! My name is Shawna Robinson and I was born and raised in Ogden, Utah.

My family and I came to St. George because my husband Kevin retired out of the Air Force after almost

22 years serving our country. He and I are in a second marriage to one another and St. George was a

central location to both of our families.  We came here because it just felt right. We felt drawn to come

here, not knowing why completely.

I went to college at Weber State University for three years and then served a mission to Tucson, Arizona.

Upon returning home, attended again but got married and started having children before I was able to

finish. I am now enrolled in Dixie State University to finish what I started all those years previous. Once

I finish, I will have a Bachelors degree in Child and Family Studies.  I love to hike and bike and swim and

will be exploring other talents and interests such as learning to play piano and painting and I would like

to do more with photography.

My sweet hubby and I met on an Lds dating site called LDS Planet. I was attracted to him when I saw the

profile picture of him sitting outside with his shoes off next to a tree. For some reason, I have always

loved trees! We started corresponding and I liked how "normal" and grounded he seemed. He agreed

to come to Utah (he lived in CA) to attend General Conference with me. We had so much fun together,

we've pretty much been together ever since. We have been married for 5 1/2 years.

I have four children whose names are Sarah (19; who leaves in Sept. on a mission to Vancouver Canada),

Jaden (18 this month, but who still had another year of highschool), Shaylee (15), Kyler (13). I have also

had permanent custody of my younger sister Julia since she was ten and she lives with us. She is (20).

My hubby has three children of his own. Tristan (he was 2yrs old when he married his first wife),

Michael (18) and Amanda (20). Both of whom live in Ca. Amanda has a little girl (our first grandbaby)

who is 1 year old.

I love to be in the water. I am a regular fish, a mermaid. I love the Ocean and Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment