Sunday, August 25, 2013

Spotlight: Sarah Sparks

Sarah Sparks:
I was born and raised in Turlock California, right in the heart of the Central Valley.

My husband brought me to St. George.  Never thought I would be living in a red rock desert, but here I am and I am loving it!  I do have to admit it was not love at first sight though!

I went to Ricks College for a summer and fall semester, then got engaged and came down to Dixie College to go to school. I started a degree in Family and Consumer Science focusing on Development of Home and family, but then started my family and did not finish my degree.  However ,I would love to finish the degree I started when my kids are older!  I am going on my 9th year being a realtor and I work at Fidelity Real Estate.

Chris and I met while he was serving a mission in the Fresno California Mission.  He happened to be at my Seminary graduation, He only had 6 weeks left on his mission and he gave the sister missionaries assigned to my ward his contact info. to give to me.  He said I don't want to hear from you until AFTER my mission.  I kept the note, and called after he got off his mission.  We met on the 4th of July and it has been "Sparks" ever since!  We have been married for almost 13 years!

We have four kids.  Our oldest is Sophie and she is 10, followed by Shadyn 7, Shanley almost 5, and Tysen 15months.

I enjoy cooking, baking, spending time with my family, going on vacations, hanging out with my sisters, organizing, exercising, and gardening...although I am not good at it!

It takes ALL day to get my hair braided...literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment